Owens still playing, not ready to give up

Terrell Owens said Wednesday that he has no plans to file retirement papers with the NFL, adding that he was surprised no team signed him last season after he had knee surgery on his torn ACL, according to ESPN.

The former 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals receiver spoke on the night he was introduced to hundreds of football fans at the Allen Events Center near Dallas, Texas, where Owens is scheduled to play for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.

"It was an opportunity for myself and my family," Owens said. I haven't retired from the NFL. I know I'm physically fit to play the game still."

Owens was introduced to the cheering crowd by Wranglers general manager Drew Pearson, himself a former Cowboys great. The 38-year-old Owens also expressed disappointment that he wasn't able to retire as a member of the Cowboys, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.