Rodgers signs news Swansea deal

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract that will keep him at the Liberty Stadium until July 2015.

The highly-rated Swans boss, who led the club to the Premier League via the play-offs in his first full season, said he was delighted to secure the deal.

"I hope the club and supporters feel it is still a good fit for everyone," Rodgers told the club's official website.

"I've been very pleased with my work over the last 19 months. I can only promise that over the next three-and-a-half years I will continue to fight for the club and its people to help us become a sustainable Barclays Premier League club.

"I very much appreciate what Swansea as a city, a club and supporters have given me and my family over the last 19 months, so signing the new contract was one of the easiest decisions of my life."

He added: "I couldn't have dreamt of things going much better when I came into the club. You are normally judged objectively over time, but I was aware that I needed to make an impact in a much shorter period.

"However, both the club and myself have grown hand in hand - and the story continues.''

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins said Rodgers was one of the best young managers in the game.

"Brendan has shown what he is capable of over the last couple of seasons and what he has done for us has been very pleasing," he said.

"He is fully behind and supports the philosophy of the club and how we want to work. His personality and immense qualities highlight the importance of finding the right person to work with us to take the club forward."





(premierleague)